As the IT industry is becoming more competitive, professionals find it mandatory to develop the ability for management and distinguished skills and professional in the field. Certifications and qualifications help demonstrate a level of understanding in performing quality practices and principles.
began its development in 1985 while its first formal examination process was launched in the year 1990. Today, it’s gone global with its presence in 43 countries in 6 continents around the world. Since its inception CSQA Certification over 35,000 IT professionals have had the opportunity to get them certified under this program.
The CSQA Value
Gaining and acquiring the CSQA Certification indicates a professional level of qualification and competence in practices and principles of quality assurance in the IT profession. It’s core value addition is giving opportunity to participants in becoming members of acclaimed professional groups, gaining recognition for their competency from professional and business associates along with gaining multiple and rapid career choices.
CSQA certification bestows greater acceptance as a manager or a consultant.
helps an individual in following ways:
- Defining task and skill categories which are directly associated with software quality performance and duties foe skill mastery evaluation.
- Demonstrating individual’s willingness for improving professionally.
- Aiding organizations in selecting and promoting skilled staff.
- Motivating personnel for inculcating and updating software quality responsibilities to unsure professional competency.
- Assisting individuals in enhancing and improving organizations software programs and quality.
How to Apply for Exam
For CSQA certification qualification each applicant has to meet certain prerequisites.
- The applicant must have a 4 year degree from an accredited college-level institution. In addition to this, he or she must also have 2 years experience in the field of information service.
- Another option is, acquiring a 3 year degree from an accredited college-level institution and 3 years experience in field of information services
- Students with a2 year degree from an accredited college-level institution and 4 years experience in field of information service may also apply.
- You may also complete 6 years of experience in the field of information services to be eligible to apply
- Finally, candidates who are working or have worked at any given time within the prior 18 months, in all the ﬁelds covered by the certification are eligible to apply.
Also, depending upon a sample selected according to the program criteria, any applicant of the certification will have to provide detailed employment documentation and/or education supporting the prerequisite options available and selected on the application.
In case of verification post selection for CSQA certification, an applicant will have to supply the documentation to the program. In case of inability and failure to submit required documents the requested applicant will not be allowed to sit for the exams. In case the exams are taken and passed by the applicant it will be subject to de-certification.
Applications should be submitted by applicants via the Customer Portal on the Software Certiﬁcations web site for entrance as a candidate for any particular certiﬁcation. Only below mentioned individuals are allowed to submit the application for CSQA certification.
- Currently working or have worked at any time within the prior 18 months in all the fields covered by certification.
- Have a complete and significant knowledge to have mastered the basics of the entire Software Quality Assurance Common Body of Knowledge
- Have reviewed all the aspects of Software Quality Assurance Common Body of Knowledge
Things to keep in mind –
- The exams consist of 4 parts – essay, multiple choice and short answers. One needs to clear all of it for getting certified.
- It is a four hour examination.
- CSQA Certiﬁcation test candidate’s knowledge and practice of the skill and expertise in field of Software Quality Assurance Common Body of Knowledge.
Candidates appearing for the Certiﬁcation must attempt the exam at least once in the 1st 12 months after application. Applicants who do not successfully clear the examinations can retake them post online application and paying required fees.
How to Prepare for These Exams
With the syllabus being vast it is essential to start the studies well in advance. One should practice the assessments and technical models to get a better understanding of the software. CSQA Certiﬁcation also checks theory knowledge along with practical competence. Hence, one should prepare and study complete syllabus portion to clear the exams. Referring to past examination papers can be helpful.